The days will soon be getting shorter, the temperature will be dropping, the air will get crisp and the leaves will change to beautiful colors of red, orange and yellow! You know what that means—Fall is here! It’s a great season to celebrate with the grandchildren outside, or in.
- Head to the local pumpkin patch—pick a pumpkin and have a carving party! If your grandchildren are too young to carve, have them paint their pumpkin.
- Keep your pumpkin seeds and toast them in the oven.
- Gather hay and older clothes, then make a scarecrow to put outside.
- Attend a local fall fair or festival.
- Go to a football game—professional, college, or a local high school game.
- Go to the nearest apple orchard that offers apple picking. Find the best ones, take them home, and make a homemade apple pie.
- Use your leftover apples to make caramel apples and have a movie night in.
- Have a family game night in, such as playing gin rummy, Uno, or charades.
- Plan a scavenger hunt around your neighborhood, or in your backyard/inside.
- Go for a hike and enjoy the scenic views.
There are so many activities to do with your grandchildren, these are just a few ideas!