Becoming an Alzheimer’s Whisperer
We are proud to announce a new and practical approach to caregiving for persons with Alzheimer’s and other forms of Dementia: Becoming an Alzheimer’s Whisperer. Our nursing and therapy staff have been extensively trained to teach caregiver strategies in the home to manage behaviors associated with Azheimer’s.
Through this unique approach, our team is able to:
- Address increasingly challenging behaviors in patients, such as:
- Agitation & Aggression
- Resistance to Care
- Persistent Sadness (Depression)
- Fall Prevention
- Sexually Inappropriate Behaviors
- Teach families and caregivers strategies for managing the care needs of their loved one
- Reduce utilization of psychotropic medication
- Promote independence in dressing, bathing, and toileting
- Assist with memory, communication, and swallowing difficulties
Developed by Dr. Verona Carson, this program has been recognized by the American Psychiatric Nurses Association as Best Practices in Dementia Care. This training is based on the understanding of how the disease affects the brain on an individualized level, so friends and family have as many tools as possible when providing care to their loved one. For more questions about Becoming an Alzheimer’s Whisperer, please call ACM Home Health at (937) 544-2755.